Guido Vincenzo Silvio Barbagli
was born on January 22 1950 in Pieve Santo Stefano, Arezzo, Italy, in a small village founded during the Roman Empire, near Sansepolcro where Piero della Francesca was born and near Caprese Michelangelo where Michelangelo was born.
- In 1968, he graduated from a Classical Studies High School the Liceo-Ginnasio “Plinio il Giovane” in Città di Castello, Perugia, Italy.
- In 1978, he attended Medical School and discussed his thesis on “The role of inflammatory changes of the prostate in the male sterility”, with Prof. Alfiero Costantini, Director of the Urologic Clinic of the University of Florence, Italy, as supervisor.
- In 1979, Dr. Barbagli completed his internship in Urology.
- In October 1982, he obtained a Postgraduate Degree in Urology from the Urology Postgraduate Department of the University of Florence, Italy, receiving the highest marks in his class cum laude.
Assignments and positions covered within public bodies
- From 1978 to 1987: Volunteer In-house Doctor at the Urologic Clinic of the University of Florence, Italy.
- From 1987 to 1989: Assistant Doctor at the Department of Urology, Prato, Italy.
- From 1989 to 1990: Assistant Doctor at the Department of Urology, University of Florence, Italy.
- From 1990 to 1999: Fellow Associate Doctor in the Department of Urology, University of Florence, Italy, with voluntarily resigning from service on February 15, 1999.
Currently, Dr. Barbagli is the Director of the Center for Reconstructive Urethral Surgery, which he founded in 1999 in Arezzo, Italy.
ninety-one publications edited and printed in international scientific journals including:
Lancet, Journal of Trauma, Journal of Urology, British Journal of Urology International, Urology, European Urology, Contemporary Urology, Current Opinion in Urology, Current Urology, Indian Journal of Urology, African Journal of Urology and other.